Having trouble gaining inspiration in a project that you are doing? This is a great technique to carry out in order to gain new ideas and new insights.
Basic Disney Pattern NLP Technique Guidelines
- From meta position (neutral) select three physical locations (in a triangular pattern) and label them: Dreamer, Realist, Critic
- Anchor the appropriate strategy for each physical location: eg Think of a time you were able to creatively dream up or fantasise new ideas without any inhibitions;step into the dreamer location and relive that experience. Break state and then repeat for Realist and Critic locations.
- Pick an outcome you want to achieve and step into Dreamer location. Visualise accomplishing the goal as if you were a character in a movie.
- Break State by returning to meta position. Access the information from dreamer.
- Step into Realistic and then Critic in turn, breaking state in between.
- Step back into the dreamer location to creatively change the plan to incorporate the information gathered from realist and dreamer
- Cycle through steps until your plan congruently fits each position.