NLP Meta Model
The NLP Meta Model is a set of language patterns that reconnects the deletions, distortions and generalisations that occur in everyday language use with the experience that generated them. Recovers them from the deep structure.
- To gather information
- Clarify meaning
- Identify limits
- Give choices
- Bring someone out of trance
Deletion, distortion and generalisation
Deletion – something important is left out of the sentence. This limits thought and action.
Distortion – Information is twisted in a way that limits choice and leads to unnecessary problems and pain
Generalisations – we create categories or classes from single examples, by chunking (organising information into groups or “chunks”).
The NLP language patterns of Meta Model and Milton Model a
Meta Model v Milton Model
Meta Model is used to bring people out of trance, Milton Model used to induce trance.
Meta Model 3
Directed questioning for a specific result.
Ask the following questions:
- Whats wrong?
- What caused this problem?
- How have you failed to resolve this?
- How can you overcome the solution to your problem?
- What would you like to change?
- When will you stop it from being a limitation?
- How many ways do you know you have solved this?
State – I know you are changing and seeing things differently.