Check with your own feelings that a course of action would be a wise one to follow.
Doing an ecology check is checking the consequences of your future actions and plans.
In order to do a full ecology check:
- Think as if you are in the future (future pace)
- What are the wider consequences of my action?
- What will I lose if I make this change?
- What extra will I have to do?
- Is it worth it?
- What will I gain if I make this change?
- What is the price of making this change and am I willing to pay it?
- What are the good aspects of the present state?
- How can I keep those good aspects while making the change that I want?
- How will my change affect others?
- Does it go against any of their values?
- Does this matter?
- How will they react?
In our NLP training we always recommend that ecology checks are completed with any work with another person or in change work with yourself.
How useful was this post? Have your say
New - Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: