Check with your own feelings that a course of action would be a wise one to follow.
Doing an ecology check is checking the consequences of your future actions and plans.
In order to do a full ecology check:
- Think as if you are in the future (future pace)
- What are the wider consequences of my action?
- What will I lose if I make this change?
- What extra will I have to do?
- Is it worth it?
- What will I gain if I make this change?
- What is the price of making this change and am I willing to pay it?
- What are the good aspects of the present state?
- How can I keep those good aspects while making the change that I want?
- How will my change affect others?
- Does it go against any of their values?
- Does this matter?
- How will they react?
In our NLP training we always recommend that ecology checks are completed with any work with another person or in change work with yourself.