ENFJ Personality Type – Being a Personality Type ENFJ
The Judger element of the ENFJ personality type means that Feeling is extraverted with this personality type and Intuition is Introverted. Their preference in how they decide and come to conclusions (judgements) is through Feeling rather than Thinking.
Their preferred attitude and their preference for directing and receiving energy is Extraverted rather than Introverted, so they Extravert how they decide and come to conclusions (their Feeling). Extraverted Feeling is therefore their dominant preference and this will display itself in their personality:
Trustworthy and loyal, compassionate, warm and supportive
As Extraverted Feeling is their dominant function so Intuition (rather than Sensing) is their next preference. They Introvert their how they take information in (Intuition) which leads to them being:
Creative, imaginative, like new challenges and variety
Their personality dynamic is therefore Extraverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition. Their third preference is Sensing and their inferior function is Introverted Thinking.
Like us all ENFJs may feel stress on occasion and should particularly watch out for:
- When they feel that their core values are being violated
- When they perceive that they have caused a problem
- Being patronised, misunderstood or belittled
- Getting too embroiled in the pursuit of harmony
When you are with an ENFJ they will respond best to you if you:
- show empathy
- are personable, insightful, friendly, inspiring and understanding
- provide them with structured learning and lots of opportunity to relate what they are learning to future opportunities, new experiences
- show them “why” the learning is important and how it meets their values how it can help people.