ENTP Personality Type – Personality Types ENTP
The Perceiver element of the ENTP personality type means that Intuition is extraverted with this personality type and Thinking is Introverted. Their preference for their processing is how they take in information (Perceiving) which in this case is through Intuition rather than Sensing.
Their preferred attitude and their preference for directing and receiving energy is Extraverted rather than Introverted, so they Extravert how they take in information (their Intuition). Extraverted Intuition is therefore their dominant preference and this will display itself in their personality:
Imaginative, creative, conceptual, curious and clever
Extraverted intuitors experience the outer world noticing possibilities, and what could be.
As Extraverted Intuition is their dominant function so Thinking (rather than Feeling) is their next preference. They Introvert their how they decide and come to conclusions (Thinking) which leads to them being:
Logical, rational, assertive, questioning, analytical, objective
Their personality dynamic is therefore Extraverted Intuition with Introverted Thinking. Their third preference is Feeling and their inferior function is Introverted Sensing.
Stress points for ENTPs could be when:
- They encounter situations where all options seem closed
- They perceive that they are being unfairly judged
- They refuse to give up on a problem
- Personal issues lead to them being bogged down by emotion
When you are with an ENTP they will respond best to you if you:
- are inventive
- talk about the future
- use an inventive approach
- provide case studies, logical systems and models for them to use
- offer ideas to challenge or debunk
- are resourceful and intelligent.