ESTJ Personality Type – Being a Personality Type ESTJ
The Judger element of the ESTJ personality type means that Thinking is extraverted with this personality type and Sensing is introverted. Their preference in their processing is how they decide and come to conclusions (judgements) which in this case is through Thinking rather than Feeling.
Their preferred attitude and their preference for directing and receiving energy is Extraverted rather than Introverted, so they Extravert how they decide and come to conclusions (their Thinking). Extraverted Thinking is therefore their dominant preference and this will display itself in their personality:
Clear, assertive, logical, analytical, objectively critical and decisive
As Extraverted Thinking is their dominant function so Sensing (rather than Intuition) is their next preference. They Introvert their how they take information in (Sensing) which leads to them being:
Systematic, matter-of-fact, realistic, practical
Their personality dynamic is therefore Extraverted Thinking with Introverted Sensing. Their third preference is Intuition and their inferior function is Introverted Feeling.
ESTJs may get stressed in certain situations so should look out for:
- Hurting others by mistake whilst going for goals
- Ignoring deeply ingrained principles
- Failing to correct a situation whilst executing a plan
- Doubt in ability to cope or respond emotionally
When you are with an ESTJ they will respond best to you if you:
- are prepared, businesslike, competent, and straightforward
- give them structured activities with clear benefits and a logical path
- define outcomes and timeframes with practical and realistic guidelines for development plans and learning