INFJ Personality Type – Personality Types INFJ
The Judger element of the INFJ personality type means that Feeling is extraverted with this personality type and Intuition is introverted. Their preference in how they decide and come to conclusions (Judgement) is through Feeling rather than Thinking.
Their preferred attitude and their preference for directing and receiving energy is Introverted rather than Extraverted, so they Introvert how they take in information (their Intuition). Introverted Intuition is therefore their dominant preference and this will display itself in their personality:
Conceptual, creative, visionary, insightful, idealistic, complex, metaphorical, deep
As Introverted Intuition is their dominant function so Feeling (rather than Thinking) is their next preference. They Extravert their how they decide and come to conclusions (Feeling) which leads to them being:
Committed to their values, compassionate, empathetic & sensitive
Their personality dynamic is therefore Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Feeling. Their third preference is Thinking and their inferior function is Extraverted Sensing.
INFJs could be susceptible to stress in certain situations such as when:
- Common sense is overruled by perfectionism
- Required to monitor too many details
- They are required to extravert too much
- They try to solve everything themselves and don’t ask for help
When you are with an INFJ they will respond best to you if you:
- discuss the future
- are imaginative, supportive and open
- are well-prepared
- take a people oriented approach
- allow them independent study, reflection, reading
- allow for their creativity and conceptual ideas.