The ENTJ Personality Type
The Judger element of the ENTJ personality type means that Thinking is extraverted with this personality type and Intuition is Introverted. Their preference in their processing is how they decide and come to conclusions (judgements) which in this case is through Thinking rather than Feeling.
Their preferred attitude and their preference for directing and receiving energy is Extraverted rather than Introverted, so they Extravert how they decide and come to conclusions (their Thinking). Extraverted Thinking is therefore their dominant preference and this will display itself in their personality:
Assertive, logical, analytical, decisive, clear and objectively critical
As Extraverted Thinking is their dominant function so Intuition (rather than Sensing) is their next preference. They Introvert their how they take information in (Intuition) which leads to them being:
Global thinkers, planners, innovative, conceptual
Their personality dynamic is therefore Extraverted Thinking with Introverted Intuition. Their third preference is Sensing and their inferior function is Introverted Feeling.
ENTJs may encounter inner stress:
- When they fail to control their emotions
- Treating people as objects
- Ignoring the truth or principles
- When they think that they are unable to influence a situation
- When they believe that their own lack of competency caused a problem
When you are with an ENTJ they will respond best to you if you:
- are businesslike, agile-minded, competent and challenging
- give them an opportunity for them to get ahead or create mastery
- give them time to map out strategies, analyse, debate
- give them independent learning opportunities, chance to develop cutting-edge skills, and learning strategies with a long term goal.
All 16 of the Myers Briggs personality types
Being an ENTJ – example profiles
I have a friend who is very orderly and organised. She is a ‘people person’ and seems to never want to be on her own so I would say she is definitely extrovert. S
he loves facts and hates theories/abstract ideas so I’d say she was an intuitor.
Deciding whether she is a feeler or a thinker is quite difficult. She can take things personally and run decisions based on her emotions, however, she is firm, enjoys clarification and focuses on logic so I would say there is a slight preference to being a thinker.
As I mentioned already, she is very orderly and organised, so I would expect a high preference to judger than perceiver. Overall I’d say my friend is type – ENTJ